Brookhaven is located on the western edge of DeKalb County, directly northeast of Atlanta. The area was incorporated as the city of North Atlanta in 1924, and voted to be a city on July 31, 2012. From the 1950s to the 1970s, major residential development took place in Brookhaven. The Brookhaven MARTA Station opened in 1984. In 1986, the Capital City Club and its surrounding estate homes were placed on the National Register of Historic Places, and the neighborhood is now officially known as “Historic Brookhaven.” In 2009, Sembler opened Town Brookhaven, a live, work, play development featuring big box retail, restaurants and boutiques, as well as more than 1,500 residences.
Brookhaven is home to Atlanta’s Oglethorpe University, and the new Brookhaven Towne Park.
- Ashford Park, 2980 Redding Rd. 3-acre DeKalb County park with basketball & tennis courts, as well as a playground.
- Blackburn Park, 3493 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. Includes the Blackburn Tennis Center, this 49-acre DeKalb County park has tennis and basketball courts, soccer fields, picnic areas and trails.
- Brookhaven Park, 4158 Peachtree Rd. 9-acre DeKalb County park with multi-use courts, playground, picnic area and trails.
- Lynwood Park, 3360 Osborne Rd NE, (17 acres) DeKalb County park with basketball & tennis courts, as well as a playground.
- Murphey Candler Park, 1551 W Nancy Creek Dr. 135-acre DeKalb County park known primarily for baseball and football, but it also has a pool and lake.
Popular subdivisions include:
Ashford Park | Brittany | Brookhaven Fields | Brookhaven Heights | Brookview | Byrnwyck | Danbury Parc | Drew Valley | Gainsborough West | Lynwood Park | Mill Creek Manor | Nancy Creek Heights | Oglethorpe Estates | Park Creek | Village at Lenox Park
Condominiums and Townhomes:
Ashford Creek | Brookhaven Woods | Buckhead Place | Cobblestone at Brookhaven | Crosswycke Forest | Dresden Creek | East Club | Johnson Ferry Park | Lenox Overlook | One Brookhaven | Peachtree Orleans | Peachtree Place | Savoy at Town Brookhaven | Sterling Oaks | The Winston | Views at Lenox Crossing | Villa Sonoma | Village Park