Marietta

Marietta, being divided into East Cobb and West Cobb, is located on the western side of the county (west of 75). The Georgia General Assembly legally recognized the town on December 19, 1834. The city has six historic districts, some on the National Register of Historic Places. A seventh, along Kennesaw Avenue, is proving more controversial, and is still being considered as of March 2010. The city’s welcome center is located in the historic train depot. Downtown is the town square and former location of the county courthouse. The square is the site of several cultural productions and public events, including a weekly farmers’ market. Incorporated in 1993, Theatre in the Square was a year-round professional theater, that produced a five-show subscription season as well as summer and holiday shows. It ceased operations in 2012. The Strand Theatre has been renovated back to its original design and features classic films and other events. The Marietta Museum of History exhibits the history of the city and county. The museum is home to thousands of artifacts including items from Marietta residents and businesses. The Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum, also called “Scarlett on the Square”, houses a collection of memorabilia related to both the book and the film.

Popular subdivisions include:

Anderson Farm | Barrett Greene | Barrett Heights | Barrett Preserve | Burnt Hickory Hills | Eagle Point |  Hampton Chase | Hardage Farm | Hickory Springs | Historic Marietta |Marietta Walk | Martins Crossing | Milford Chase |  Milford WoodsMarietta Country Club | Overlook at Marietta Country Club |  Rustic Village | Saddlebrook

Property Resumé