Kennesaw is a city in northwest Cobb County, Georgia, founded in 1887. Census estimates for 2009 indicate a population of 33,043. The original name for the town was Big Shanty. It is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. The city of Kennesaw was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation’s “10 best towns for families”. The award was aimed at identifying the best communities nationally that combine big-city opportunities with suburban charm, a blend of affordable housing, good jobs, top-rated public schools, wide-open spaces, and less stress. Kennesaw has tons of great shopping, a plethora of restaurants to choose from, and recreational facilities.
Kennesaw is also home to Kennesaw State University.
Popular subdivisions include:
Arlington Pointe | Barrett Greene | Brumby Place | Burnt Hickory Registry | Creekview Park | Hadaway Grove | Heritage at Kennesaw Mountain | Legacy Park | Marietta Country Club | Pinetree Country Club | Ridenour | Summerhour | Sutters Pond
- 4259 Piedmont Landing NW Kennesaw GA 30144 – SOLD – $360,000 (6/29/2018)
- 2352 Arlington Pointe NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152 – SOLD – $295,000 (5/20/2016)
- 2352 Arlington Pointe Way Kennesaw GA 30152 – Leased – $1,550 (10/18/2013)
- 4114 Pinemist Ln Kennesaw GA 30144 – LEASED – $1600 (9/29/2012)
- 2680 Steeplehill Ct Kennesaw GA 30144 – SOLD – $215,000 (4/21/2011)
- 2369 Tabbystone LN NW Marietta GA 30064 – SOLD – $395,000 (9/29/2009)