1 bedroom rental in The Mayfair overlooks city and is only .2 miles from Piedmont Park, across the street from Colony Square, and 1/10 mile from Crescent Ave. Secured building with concierge, fitness center, library, covered & assigned parking, and a courtyard. Unit features a walk-in closet, washer/dryer, all kitchen appliances (including fridge!), hardwood floors, and city views! Small pets under 20lbs considered. New stove/oven to be installed.
Fantastic Midtown/Piedmont Park Location! This historic building was built in 1920. This condo is in the Morningside Elementary School, Inman Middle School, Grady High School district.
Located at 272 14th Street, these homes have an unparalleled location!
Available Park View Homes
Morningside/Lenox Park is a residential neighborhood in Atlanta, founded in 1931. It is located north of Virginia-Highland, east of Ansley Park and west of Druid Hills. Approximately 3,500 households comprise the neighborhood which includes the original subdivisions of Morningside, Lenox Park, University Park, Noble Park, Johnson Estates and Hylan Park.
The growing neighborhood acquired a school when Morningside Elementary opened in 1929. Originally, the school had six classrooms on the lower floor of the western side of the current building. Enrollment grew, and a new building was commissioned and completed in 1935, providing work for the unemployed during the Depression.
Development of Noble Park, Johnson Estates, and Hylan Park began in 1930. A year later Lenox Park opened (not to be confused with the Lenox Park area built in the 1980s only 5 miles further north), featuring model homes with names like “The Barclay,” “The Sussex” and “The Chateau”. Atlanta architects Ivey and Crook designed the homes in Lenox Park.
Morningside Elementary School | Inman Middle School | Henry W. Grady High School
One of the things that makes the neighborhood such an attractive place to live is the old growth trees that surround the area. These trees provide homes to animals, much needed shade in the spring and summer months, and charm and character that many newer neighborhoods do not have.
1. Beech Valley Park, 1281 Beech Valley Rd. is a large triangular park with beautiful trees and shaded play area.
2. Herbert Taylor Park and Daniel Johnson Nature Preserve, border Beech Valley Rd. and Johnson Rd. The families of the namesakes donated these two large natural parks to the city. There are paths in this natural woodland floodplain park. A beautiful rock formation is located in the streambed. Rock Creek Watershed Alliance works with the city to maintain this greenspace.
3. Hickory Grove Park. 1695 Homestead Ave. This is one of our many passive parks in the neighborhood. 300 daffodils were planted years ago. Now they matured into a springtime spectacular.
4.Homestead Park, 1755 Homestead Ave. A wooded open space.
5. Lenox Wildwood Park, 1760/1746 Lenox Rd. This park is a continuation of Sunken Garden Park and the Morningside Nature trail. This park is the natural valley for the stream that meanders through this park. Two tennis courts and picnic area are in this park.
6. Morningside Nature Trail, Also known as Sussex Park, Located behind Sunken Garden Park and connects into Lenox/Wildwood Park.
7. Noble Park, 1710 Noble Dr. An open play area is next to the playground. The large Black Gum tree in the park is the recipient of the Park Pride, Big tree award in 2001. It is over 8 feet in circumference,73 feet tall and has a 80 foot spread.
8. Sidney Marcus Park, 786 Cumberland Rd. This is one of our largest parks. It is a byproduct of the I-485 road project that threatened to destroy the neighborhood in the 1970s.It is named after our late state senators who helped fight the freeway and save the neighborhood.
9. Smith Park, 1571 Piedmont Ave. This park was donated and named after one of the developers of Morningside. Located in the center of the park is a small water pond and fountain. Near the center of the park is a small plaque mounted to a rock, reading: James Robert Smith 1867-1926 Morningside Civic League Dedicates This Fountain July 22, 1932.
10. Sunken Garden Park, 1000 East Rock Springs Rd. This Park was cleared by the 1920’s Lenox Park developers for a formal rose garden to promote country living outside the city. The residents that lived near the Park would send their gardeners down to Sunken Garden to tend the rose garden. Over the years trees have been added to shade the playground in the hot summers. An open play area is in the front of the park.
11. Wildwood Gardens.735 Wildwood Rd. This park was transformed from a Kudzu jungle to a natural nature trail and garden area at the front of the park.
12. Morningside Nature Preserve. This is our newest greenspace. The 33 acres of woods was saved by the neighborhood in 1999. The Preserve is bounded by Cheshire Bridge, Wellbourne Dr., Wildwood Rd., and Lenox Road. Two trailheads connect to walking and biking trails in the Preserve; one on Wellbourne and the other on Lenox Road at the Georgia Power Substation.
Available Morningside Homes
- 501 Montgomery Ferry Dr Atlanta GA 30324 – LEASED – $1750 (11/1/2013)
- 1228 Reeder Circle Atlanta GA 30306 – SOLD – $583,500 (11/6/2008)
- 914 Plymouth Rd NE Atlanta GA 30306 – SOLD – $1,695,000 (5/16/2008)
- 1215 E Rock Springs RD NE Atlanta GA 30306 – SOLD – $785,000 (2/13/2008)
- 1215 East Rock Springs Rd Atlanta GA 30306 – SOLD – $461,000 (10/18/2002)
Information provided by mlpa.org
1280 West is a 410ft tall skyscraper in Atlanta, Georgia. It was completed in 1989 and has 38 floors. It is tied with Peachtree Summit as the 29th tallest building in Atlanta, and has 434 units. 1280 West features a concierge, covered, secured parking, a pool, fitness center, sport court, tennis court, raquetball court, billiards room, catering kitchen, and laundry facilities on every floor. The location is fantastic – pull out of your garage and you can turn onto I-75!
Available 1280 West Homes
This updated 1 bedroom on the 8th floor is now available! All kitchen appliances, washer, and dryer included! Fabulous Midtown location 1 block from Piedmont Park! The Mayfair Tower features 24-hour concierge, fitness facilities, covered & assigned parking, formal library, meeting rooms, and a beautiful marble lobby. Text Ariel for a showing today! 404-429-3385 or contact us here.
Providence On Ponce
Renovated in 2004 and located in the Virginia-Highland / Poncey-Highland neighborhood, The Providence on Ponce Lofts turns a former Atlanta Church in 22 one- and two-bedroom residences with loft units that once housed the sanctuary.
By incorporating several “Green” building and sustainable development features into the architectural plans, this adaptive reuse of a mid-20th century church
makes Providence on Ponce a truly unique residential property for our City.
A Loft and Condominium Ideal
Every successful residential community starts with a vision. At Providence on Ponce, our vision for the renovation of a mid-20th century church centers around three core principles:
First. The architectural design of the units and building exteriors should preserve and respect the architectural history of the existing
building and the surrounding neighborhood while also providing functional living spaces for the new residents;
Second. Consistent with the adaptive reuse of the existing building, “Green” building techniques, processes and products should be incorporated into the final design and planning criteria, provided that such sustainable development measures are compatible with the other core principles of the project; and
Third. Each of the condominium units should be competitively priced in order to attract homebuyers from the diverse group of persons who frequent the many local restaurants and businesses in the surrounding Virginia-Highland neighborhood.
• Adaptive reuse of existing brick exterior church building
• Gated community with controlled access entry
• Tranquil interior courtyard with water fountain and garden
• Amazing roof-top sundeck with skyline views for residents use
• Most units feature a private balcony or patio
• Ample resident and guest parking with over 42 available off-street spaces
• Two bedroom units include reserved garage parking space as standard feature
• Use of xeriscape landscaping which utilizes native plants with low irrigation needs
• Convenient Virginia-Highlands location just minutes from Atlanta business and cultural centers
• Walking distance to numerous neighborhood shops, restaurants, pubs, and services
• Freedom Park bike and jogging trails at your doorstep
• Reuse of steel and concrete buildings engineered to withstand the elements and time
• Solid concrete floors between units
• Specially designed 3-ply sound attenuating wall system with offset utility boxes and furring channel for improved sound abatement between units
• Insulation between units and above all ceilings for added sound abatement and energy conservation
• Added insulation around all exterior walls for enhanced energy efficiency
• Selective use of cast iron drain lines to minimize sound transfer between units
• Insulated double-pane windows to minimize exterior noise and maximize energy conservation
• Use of aluminum studs (vs. wood) for all new wall construction
• SEER rated (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) York heating and air conditioning equipment with programmable thermostats
• Fire sprinkler system throughout units and buildings
Standard Unit Interiors
• New construction interiors, including all finished walls, flooring and utility systems
• Large ceiling heights ranging from approximately 9′ in traditional floor plans to 22′ in sanctuary loft units
• Oversized, double-pane insulated windows including 13′ tall windows in choice sanctuary loft units
• Philadelphia Berber carpet with 8 lb. rebond pad
• Canac maple kitchen cabinets with chrome hardware
• Whirlpool appliances with Energy Star® efficiency ratings and standard gas range
• Classic master bathroom features pedestal sink, cast iron tub, beadboard wainscoting, ceramic floor tile, ceramic tile tub surround with glass accent tile, recessed wood-framed medicine cabinet, and custom-built linen cabinet with glass door
• Elfa® adjustable closet systems (exclusively from The Container Store) offering infinite choices in closet organization and space maximization
• Pre-wired for Comcasf digital cable and high speed internet and DirecTV satellite programming
• Two panel shaker-style interior doors and 6″ base mouldings throughout unit
• Diagonal patterned 12×12 kitchen floor tile
• Designer lighting packages
• Washer and dryer within each unit
Optional Unit Upgrades
• Private roof-top decks with skyline views for select units
• Fireslate® solid concrete kitchen countertops in multiple choice of colors
• Undermount stainless steel kitchen sink with designer chrome Chicago faucet
• Whirlpool built-in microwave with vent-hood
• Whirlpool refrigerator with icemaker (Energy Star® rated)
• Whirlpool Gold® stainless steel kitchen appliance package, including gas range, dishwasher, microwave with venthood and refrigerator with icemaker (Energy Star® rated)
• Bamboo hardwood flooring for living room, dining room & kitchen. This beautiful flooring is not only an environmentally sensitive choice, but it is considered one of the hardest and most durable wood floors on the market.
• Additional reserved garage parking spaces
• Secured storage rooms on ground floor
• Demco home security alarm system
• Storage loft area in choice sanctuary units
Available Providence on Ponce Homes
No Results Found.